Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Eat More Veggies

This is a picture of my kids at Halloween.  A1 said he wanted to be a cow for Halloween, so we obliged.  Pillow cases and masks my mom randomly had.  Right on!  My dad looked at this picture this weekend, laughed, and said, "Eat more chicken!"  Since I'm a vegetarian, my thought was no, eat more veggies!

This, I think, is my problem today.  I've been on break now for 2.5 weeks.  My school is a year round calendar, so we have 3 weeks off at spring and fall and a shorter summer.  It's way better for kids and give me time, as an administrator, to get organized and energized.  I love it, but I do struggle with not having my regular schedule.  I thrive on schedules and kind of become a mess when I don't have one! However, my energy the past couple of days is totally lacking.

I haven't run in 2 weeks.  Last week I was just straight up lazy and working around the house.  On Sun, we took the kids out in the Phil and Ted's and walked for 5.5 miles.  After some yard work at the end of the day, my leg was in serious pain.  Since I'm supposed to be doing a half marathon and all on May 8, this kind of is freaking me out.  I'm not up on my long runs (it's become more of a run/walk but I'm FINE with that!), and now I have this injury.  On top of all of that, my eating kind of sucks.  I'm not eating enough veggies and fueling my body with what I know I need to fuel with!

This is what I do to myself.  I get lazy, I give up, I don't fuel myself properly, and I have to start over with this get motivated cycle.  Ugh!  You'd think that at 35, I'd have this figured out.  But I don't.  This is why I say I'm a work in progress.  What I SHOULD be doing is making a schedule for myself everyday while I"m on break.  Lesson learned.  Today, I'm chillin' with A1 as he has a fever and sore throat (but not strep - that's good!), and planning on a great veggie stir-fry tonight.

My biggest accomplishment today will be to not beat myself up over  not feeling motivated.  This is a very tricky concept for me - and something I'm going to HAVE to continue to do (the not beat myself up part for whatever reason) on a day to day basis before I accept myself for who I am.  I know I am a good person.  I know I am a hard worker.  I know I am beautiful and have an amazing family.  The emotional side of this particular human should be a cake walk - but it's just not - at least, not today :)  I'm getting there, really I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment