Monday, April 19, 2010

I Love Salad!

Ok, I don't really love salad.  But I could love salad if it's the right salad.  And the right salad has to have the right ingredients.  My new goal, in my new 9 week push (9 weeks left of the school year - I start summer feeling better than EVER!), is to have salad everyday.  But not just any salad.  Amazing salad.  Salad that makes people say, "Ooooooh that looks good."  Or, "Wow, is that a salad?"


Last week,  RhodeyGirl talked about the I Love Salad challenge, and I committed to eating amazing salad everyday this week and this was today's salad.  Ingredients:

Romaine
Spinach
Carrots
Celery
Orange Pepper
Whole Wheat Cousous dressed with lemon and a little bit of garlic and olive oil
Roasted sweet potatoes
Roasted butternut squash
Roasted Asparagus
Tofu croutons

It was epic.

And almost everyone in the room asked me what it was and one person even asked for the recipe.  Ha!

Day One of I Love Salad challenge complete and mission accomplished.  Whoohooo!

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious. I love the idea of a salad challenge! I adore salad but could definitely do with being more inventive at times. At the moment (due to the monster-sized tub of feta I bought at Costco) I'm on a Greek salad kick that I usually add some extra protein to.

    Thanks for the comment a few weeks ago saying you know places in Santa Fe - would love some suggestions on good things to do with kids and places to eat - we would LOVE to try some authentic Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete