Thursday, April 15, 2010

Not Getting My Zzzzzs

Here's a pic of me and A2 when she was about 6 weeks old.  Sound asleep on Mama.  What in the world happens?  Why can't we sleep as well as we did when we were infants?  Are we that traumatized by our everyday lives?

I am normally an incredible sleeper.  I go to bed early, get a good night's sleep and am pretty peaceful as I fall asleep.  I have this whole routine about saying 3 things I'm grateful for before I fall asleep.  It's a great way to end my day.

In the past couple of weeks, I am simply not sleeping well.  I can't fall asleep and then I get stressed that I'm not falling asleep and start feeling crazy anxiety through every inch of my body.  I've been off my typical schedule because of my spring break, but really don't feel like it should be impacting my sleep as much.  I haven't been exercising like I normally do either - again, lack of schedule, so maybe that's it.  I swear I thrive on schedule.  You know what?  So do babies! With both of my babies, I had them eating at a certain time, changing diapers at a certain time, sleeping at certain times...they were on a schedule.  With my students at school, as soon as you thwart their day in anyway, they fall apart.  They too thrive on schedules.

So maybe that's just it.  Maybe it's all about the schedule.  Like I said yesterday, for my next break, I'll be more clear on my day to day schedules and that will help.  I write them out.  And follow them.  I have not been productive at all with my time off, again, more than likely due to no schedule.

So there you have it folks!  In order to be peaceful like this:

You have to have a schedule - at least I do!  Here's to hoping and praying I get my zzzz's tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment