Sunday, February 21, 2010

Weight and Fat Talk

Ok, so this week, Caitlin wrote a post about fat talk. I am the queen of fat talk. Most anything that went wrong from college on, I blamed on me being fat. For a long time, when things didn't go right, I was convinced it was because I was fat. My life had changed a lot. I graduated, got married, started my life as a working adult - anytime anything went wrong, I really worked hard to find something to blame, and my weight was it. This has since subsided. When things go wrong now, I get low. Really really low and just generally feel bad. When I see myself in the mirror, I think that it's not the way I feel - I feel so much better than I think I look. However, losing weight is about so much more than the way I look.

But I do want to look good. I want to look really good. Do I think things will get better when I look better? No. There are many emotional pieces I have to take care of too.

While I want this blog to be a healthy living blog, I also want people to see that I am losing weight and doing it in a healthy way. I am an almost 35 year old woman who has been dealing with being overweight my entire life. Literally, at the age of 8, it was suggested I lose weight by my gymnastics coach (and he was right!). It's time for me to conquer this and I'm really ready to do so!

So, I decided to post my weight and weight loss. Just once a week. I'm not going to talk about it obsessively, but I am going to do it!

Here goes:

In June, 2008, I weighed 245. This weight was taken a couple of weeks after A2 was born.
On March 25, 2009, I was at 212.2. That was the lowest I got in that first year of trying to lose weight.

This past week, when I rejoined Weight Watchers, February 10, 2010 I was at 229.

Currently, my weigh-in day is Wednesdays. I might change that. I'm not sure. So, this past Wednesday, when I weighed in after just a couple of days of counting points, February 17, 2010I weighed in at 226.2.

That's a total weight loss of 2.8 so far! Whoohoo!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on taking concrete action in order to reach your weight loss and fitness goals!

    ReplyDelete