Saturday, November 7, 2009

Welcome...

I've tried blogging before to keep me accountable for my weightloss. In Nov. 2006 I had my first baby (he'll be 3 tomorrow!) and in May 2008 I had my second baby. 3 weeks later, we moved our family and 2 weeks later I started a new, extremely rewarding, but HARD job in a brand new charter school.

I gained about 65 pounds in both pregnancies. Between the first and second, I lost the weight that came off with baby and about 40 more - pretty easily. This time, it's been a lot, lot harder. I'm busy and I love food!

This year, in year two of our charter school and in a new position in the school (part time administrator that teaches a couple of middle school classes), I've recommitted to losing my weight. However, I'm not doing it just to lose weight, I'm doing it to be healthy and somebody I want my children to know me as.

I recently ran/walked a 5K in 38 minutes. Before kids and a tough time in my life, I ran regularly, was in a few races, and completed a half marathon. I'm wanting to get there again. In fact, I've registered to run a half marathon in May.

I'm 34 years old. I'm 5'6". I'm 70 pounds over weight. I have a long way to go. My knees and back hurt all the time and I know it's from years and years of carrying extra weight (I haven't been at a healthy weight since college - not even when I ran my last half marathon). Enough is seriously enough.

So, I hope to chronicle good eating choices and my new running routine on this blog. I hope I can help others do the same. However, I remain incredibly busy. But I can't make excuses. Nothing can get in my way. I have to do this for my family but mostly, for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment