Saturday, January 2, 2010

Brrrrrr It's Cold Out There!

Today, I was in a funk. Funkity funk funk funk. One minute I was happy, the next minute I was sad and crying. I'm dreading going back to work on Monday. I don't want to get into my work stress on this blog, but it's there and I'm dreading it. Once I get into work and going, I'm usually ok, but my current stress is pretty extreme - at least it feels that way today. I had a TERRIBLE time getting motivated. It's sooooo cold (my car read 18 degrees when I went out on an errand). I just wanted to watch TV and vegetate.

Ryan saw what was happening and really encouraged me to go out and do my run.

"It's too cold," I said.

"You know it'll make you feel better after you do it. It's day two of your plan, are you really going to let it go today?" He replied.

He's so right.

So, I laid down with A1 and took a little nap. Then, I dropped hubby off at the car dealership to get our new car (we lease cars, it's just easy for now that way), and came home ready to run. Here's me all suited up (that's our new blue Civic in the background - Ryan put it there on purpose :) ):



Here's what my Nike+ said at the end --- I pushed stop at 2 miles (my goal was 3 miles today, but honestly, it was really cold and got dark at the end) - but it kept going, so I think my pace was actually a bit faster seeing as I walked for a bit at the end.



When I came home, I stretched and then did some Ab work on my new Bosu Ball I got for Chrismas - but just a little bit because I'm doing the Shred and WMM 3-4 days a week. Here are some pics and prior to posting them, I have to say, I feel like I look HORRIBLE in these pictures. However, this is the reality of who I am physically right now and what I'm working hard to change. I'm also working on form on all of my exercises.




Don't you love what I'm wearing? It was my bottom layer of my run :)

SO, thanks to the hubby and my own internal motivation, I'm 2 for 2 with my Jan. schedule for exercise. Holla!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you! Don't let the weather bring you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good workout! That's great that you got out there and did it despite the cold and how you were feeling. It's the decisions like that that will get you to your goals.

    ReplyDelete