Ok, so I have thought and thought and thought about how to set goals - it's so hard.
My GOAL is to live a healthy life and make decisions that people around me will be inspired by. That's what I want to do - not just this year, every year.
However, this goal is one that is not easy for me to obtain. I am turning 35 this year. We're talking 35 years (almost) of not very good health and eating habits. I've been sneaking food and exercising on and off since I was a little kid. If I've been doing that for 30+ years, how many years will it take to get out of the habits? I took some really great steps at the end of 2009, so I'll keep plugging along!
Big goals for the year are:
1) Run a mini-marathon in May. Other running goals will be made after that one is achieved!
2) Eat clean. Make wise food choices that are processed - e.g. a Clif bar or Amazing Grass (that I can't WAIT to try!) is ok.
3) Make the right choices at the right time. If I don't feel like running, I need to do it anyway. If I don't want to order what I should, I need to do it anyway. If work is stressing me out, I need to take a step back and determine how big of a deal this is. I know how doing the right thing at the right time makes me feel in the end, and I need to remember that often.
4) Move with my kids. Take the dog for walks. Take them in the jogging stroller with me. Bike with them when it warms up. Make it a family habit.
Ok, so those are yearly goals - or really, other than #1, lifetime goals. Of course, in there, is lose weight. I need to do that. Yesterday, I took measurements, weighed myself, the whole thing, but I'm not sure I want to post that and make a big deal about that on this blog. I'd rather this blog be about my healthy living. If I do that, the weight loss will come (and I'll keep you posted on that!)
So, I decided that I would set monthly goals in order to help achieve these lifetime goals. So, here are my January Goals:
1) Stick to the exercise schedule I have made. For the month of Jan., I have myself alternating running and doing the 30 Day Shred along with Whittle My Middle 1. I also worked in one day of Yoga a week. I'll do this using Fit TV Namaste Yoga for this month.
2) Eat out only one day a week.
3) Drink a Green Monster 5 out of 7 days a week. Look! My Green Monster recipe is on Angela's site! So proud....so proud!
4) Wash my face every night - with all the stress I've had lately, my skin is a wreck. I have the face of a 12 year old (and I know a lot about 12 year olds as I work with them every day!)
5) I'm really contemplating going Vegan. I'm partially there... So, I'm going to commit 3 out of 7 days a week Vegan.
So those are my 5 January goals. Pretty attainable - as I post, I'll keep you updated on how I'm doing!